Friday, February 6, 2009

A(too close)Near-Miss

I'm walking out of my math class in Ephraim and I'm about to cross the street. I go through the motions of looking both ways and make my way to my beautifully parked car. As I'm walking though I see a van turn into the block that I'm on. I thought, "well, hey, I can make it..."since it was a good distance away from me, plus I was only crossin the street. What's the worst that could happen?
I take a few steps to cross the street when suddenly the van speeds up---a lot! We're talking fast and furious on a residential road. I panicked, but I couldn't run very good because I had my ginormous back pack on and my cell phone was hidden somewhere in one of the outside pockets(there was no way I was going to risk breaking my cell phone--especially since its brand new) . Anyway, as the van got closer I got a short glimpse of what it looked like: silver, round, and a typical style of a van. (The Silver Charger its what it's now known to me as) I also recognized the person in it as well. My arch nemesis from high school. How she hated me! I could feel her loathing and tension as she sped up and I ran hastily to save my own life!
At last, I made it to my cute little Chevrolet Cavalier. Safe at last. And even though my heart beat was going incredibly fast my mind was out of focus. Out of instinct I called my mom and told her my epic story. At first she didn't believe me that it was my Arch Nemesis, and tried to persuade me that "she" was just messing around and that she's sure that other people do that to their friends too. Rewind and freeze: people actually purposely try running over their friends as a friendly gesture? Wow... maybe it's just me, but I've never done that to any of my friends. (If my nemesis did indeed try running me over out of friendly affection I can't possibly imagine what she does when she sees her boyfriend... Anyway, that's beyond the point.)
To this day my mom thinks that it was a friendly gesture that Ms. Nemesis was making, but I still plead otherwise. I suppose the moral to this one is to look both ways before crossing the street, but look again(just in case) because you never know what could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment