Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Good Morning America

So I'm on my way to school this morning and as I try to back up I can see my neighbor has clearly blocked my car in. I'm running late and there is not much I can do about it. I throw a tantrum, get out of my car, run hastily into my apartment and try to think of what I can do to get to school. After some thinking I come to a conclusion of three options: one, I walk; two, I get a ride; or three, I skip class. I decide to go with option two. I catch a ride and make it to school in good time. However, I walk back to my apartment only to find my neighbor's car hasn't budged an inch. I ignore the fact and decide to go in and forget about it.
If he hasn't moved his car by 10:30 I'm going to lay down the law. I have work at 11:30 and I would much rather take a ride in my amazing car rather than take an icy walk to get there. It's winter for heaven's sake. If it was warmer I wouldn't care so much, but I'm just recovering from a cold so I'd much rather avoid getting that again.
I understand that everyone has their right to park where they want, but I believe that I have my rights to leave my parking place when I want to. Since he has cornered my car he has already partially violated my "pursuit of happiness".(Oh my heck I'm talking politics again...I can't help myself.) How annoying is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment